Fashion Thursday: Am I really still doing this?

Yeah. I am. Honestly, I was feeling pretty "eh" about my riding habit when I first got back into it. Granted, I did only bring two pairs of breeches to school with me this year. That's a tragedy considering who I am as a person. Anyways, my $5 Pikeurs rekindled that fashion flame (this statement is why people have editors), so here I am digging this tag out of its grave.

The death of Polyvore hit me hard. It's especially insulting to see all my embedded sets completely gone from their posts. Can you tell that I'm bitter? I found a replacement, but while that's still being set up, I thought I'd share some of my favorite finds over the past few months.

The Nina Lookbook, image from GEM Equitation
GEM Equitation
I've known about GEM for a while and wanted to do a post highlighting them. Might still do that, but in any case, here's your introduction to the brand. GEM is a French company that produces a variety of equestrian products. My focus is mainly on their half pads because LOOK. I became interested in GEM because of their mesh saddle pads; Maryland is notoriously humid year round, so breathable fabrics are an absolute necessity. There are two types of half pads: the Classic for more curvy backed horses and the 3D Mesh for more flat backed horses. While I can't verify the science behind the designs, it's always cool to see brands making the right adjustments for different customers. Plus, all their pads can be made in custom colors!

image from Greys & Bays
Greys & Bays Breeches
Greys & Bays is a British company founded by a mother, Rowan, and her twin daughters. Rowan wanted her girls to have breeches that not only fit and stood up to the wear and tear of the barn, but she also wanted breeches that could be worn anywhere, from the barn to the store. The result is some of the nicest denim breeches I have ever seen. The shipping is a bit pricey, but once I have the cash, I'm absolutely getting a pair. I kind of miss my old "denim" breeches because the look is timeless. These seem like they'll be a good upgrade.

image from The Reductress
The Reductress Horse Woman Sweatshirt
Don't have to explain myself on this one.

The Elite Helmet in action, image from International Riding Helmets
IRH Helmets
Confession: I never replaced my Ovation after falling headfirst off of Pixel. This is long overdue. I already have an IRH that I reserve for shows, but some of their newer models have more personality and would work perfectly for schooling. I'm trying to convince myself not to get the rose gold XLT. We'll see how well that goes.

image from HKM Facebook
HKM Tallboots
Yeah, me & everyone else has been looking for tall boots. These are the Valencia boots in brandy, but they also come in brown, blue, black, and gray. I really want the Dublin boots and have been eyeing them for a really long time. I kind of can't justify boots since I have two pairs of very usable half chaps. My Ariat paddock boots are also still kicking after nearly six years. I dunno, maybe if someone is looking to get me a gift, this would be a great place to start.

Comments

  1. nice! fwiw, i've had a pair of HKMs before bc they were the only reasonably priced brown boot that had calf dimensions that looked like they'd fit. the quality was solidly meh, tho. after getting my calves a bit slimmer again, my options opened back up and i recently purchased a pair of QHP Sohpias that look pretty similar to the HKMs you have pictured above, and are similarly priced. except the QHPs are actually much nicer in quality than my other pair of HKMs and i'm totally in love with them. might be worth a looksie ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing