Waredaca 3 Day

Ok, let me start off by dashing some hopes: I was not competing. I haven't ridden a horse since August, and I'm not riding with the equitation team this semester due to some poor planning. That being said, there might be practice rides starting soon, which I will definitely be taking advantage of. You can't escape me, Carlos.

Jumping away from my own nonsense
I also stopped beating around the bush and became a full time member of the eventing team. Helping out at the vet box for this event is mandatory for everyone, so that's how I filled most of my Saturday.


In case anyone forgot, I am not on my way to becoming a vet. As a matter of fact, that's one of the career paths that I have aggressively avoided at all costs (despite what my mom might say). We were being directed by Dr. Chad (not sure if that's a first or last name) who was basically Anderson Cooper but in vet form. It took a a couple run throughs for me to catch on to everything, but I got the hang of it. Guess you could say I'm basically a vet, right?

No, I am not, and I'm 83% sure it's illegal for me to say that I am
It was also my first time ever going to an event at all, plus it was long format. Took about two hours of people saying "roads and track" before I understood what the heck they were talking about. Also, steeplechase is really fast.

I didn't get a picture of steeplechase because my anxiety had no time for that
It took four or so hours to get through everyone, which was a lot quicker than expected. We decided to watch some show jumping afterwards, so feel free to enjoy this low quality photo dump.




Also, to be clear, y'all eventers are absolutely insane. This distance gave me heart palpitations. AND they went to another fence afterwards. AND they were double clear. End me.


Even got to see Boyd Martin who my teammates recognized by the fact that he is a certified Tall Man.

I can't tell if this is Boyd cause these pictures are so blurry, but if it ain't,
enjoy this random tall person
And a pony with birdcatcher spots! So pretty!

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to read you haven't ridden since August, but joining the eventing team sounds super promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect way to get your horsey fix in an otherwise quiet riding time! Waredaca is a great venue itself and then the 3 day is just so cool! Hope you had a blast getting familiar with how the events are run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol definitely not Boyd, but awesome you could help out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos - hope you had an amazing time around those gorgeous horses!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring