2k17: A Review

Yeah, this again. Completely missed the last quarterly review, but meh it would have basically been the same as this. Before we get to the categories, some highlights:

Competed for the first time in forever
Went through the whole leasing debacle

Spent the summer with the war horse
And went to my first Dressage show with him
Added another horse to my regime for all of no logical reason
Almost died
Went to an event for the first time and saw Boyd Martin
And onto the goals:


Improve my equitation: I mean, with Miss El screaming at me to bring my shoulders back all the time, I guess my equitation had to improve at some point.

Continue to open hip joint and soften ankle: Yes, actually. Sitting trot got pretty good.

Strengthen my right side & continue to improve balance: Also yes, but I've been having trouble lately due to not working out as often. Can't wait to see how bad it is when I ride a horse again.

Exercise 5 times per week: Was pretty solid through September, but my education takes priority over abs.

Ride with Miss El at least once a week when I'm home (weather/finances permitting): She up & moved to NC, so that's that.

Be more fluid with different tack (i.e. Dressage form vs. Hunter form): Not horrible. My first time back in the hunter tack was a ride on Vodka after Culpeper. It wasn't the best; I felt stiff and like I had no where to go, but the subsequent times were fine.


Qualify for Colonial Classic:
No

Qualify for MAEF Finals: No

Qualify for MHSA Regional Finals:
No

Go to Brandywine, HITS, or Upperville (only once though and preferrably Brandywine): No

Compete at First Level & begin working towards my bronze: . . . technically, yeah, but no.

Compete on Roman: Yes? Somehow? When it was 100% not expected.

We're not even gonna go into the magical goals because exactly 0 of those happened.

So that's 2017 in a nutshell. Really not that bad. I'm happy that I actually kept up with the vlogging because it's something that I enjoy. Taking a break from riding and focusing on some of my other passions has been pretty therapeutic. By some odd chance, it's made me more passionate about riding since it's been one less thing to stress me out this semester.

But anyways, that's a wrap 2017. Here's to 2018.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing