"Apple" Picking

So I had my first real "bonding" event with the team. I'm still figuring out how to be social, so most of what I did was people watching. At least they know who I am.

It was a massive property tucked at the end of a road that winded like like a child's toy. We gathered at the market then made our way to the pumpkin patch. It was originally supposed to be apple picking, but at some point that changed. I just rolled with it. Pumpkins are cool, too. I played photographer for the day because that's what I like to do, but the president's BF was also there snapping some shots.



I personally didn't want anything large, and I was actually hell bent on finding a white pumpkin. Unfortunately, all the white ones were rotting. When we got back to the market, they had some in a bin, but it just didn't feel quite as authentic. Besides, I couldn't decide between white and cheese.


I made away with a giant peanut butter cup and a slice of pumpkin roll, both more than satisfactory. 

We went out for lunch afterwards at this restaurant that they all really love called Cafe Rio. It's pretty good food, but the weird thing about the place is its obsession with limes. As far as I know, there is only one item on the menu that has limes in it, but there are so many signs about their fresh limes. To top it off, on the receipts, it says that they squeeze approximately 1,000 limes every day in every store. That seems a bit excessive, if you ask me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing