At the mercy of a chestnut mare

And mercy she had, or rather pity.


Little Miss Rita kept me safe and sound through my class today. It was an easy ride, but towards the end of the day of a two day show. She was pretty tired and trying her best, but it was quite the effort. She broke at the canter to the left, which wasn't a big deal. We got going . . . then she broke on the right, and apparently, I forget to actually achieve inside bend before asking for the canter. Picked up the wrong lead for a couple of strides before breaking back down, organizing, and getting the canter again on the correct lead. Made out with 4th place.


Some highlights of the weekend:

- Animal facts, so many animal facts

- My general, daily levels of saltiness

- Selfies


- So many friggen missed leads

- PIGLETTES


- AND GOATS


- Appropriate use of the phrase "sick ass"

- AND DIA WITH GOATS


- At one point, a non-horsey person tried to understand my SwigSweg Leg sweater

- AND SELFIES WITH DIA

I am a large child
It was a grand time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing