Eyes ahead

I feel like I tend to write a lot of depressing posts on this blog about how horse related things never really go the way that I want them to, starting as far back as my 2014 show season. And, to be quite honest, a lot of things over the past three years have really not gone the way I wanted them to, even when I lowered my standards. That aside, I'd like to not let this blog become a depressing, woe is me corner of the internet, at least for today. I'll pass on assorted details from the past couple months because I want to do a comprehensive post (or series of posts) on leasing and instead catch y'all up on what the next few weeks will look like.

And maybe one day I can make a horse look as good as Tec
General things: I have a summer internship, I got my driver's license, and I started a blog for my architecture stuff (though it's quiet because designing things takes an effort, lol).

Alrighty, so, still trying lease horses. I really wanted this to be done and over with, but it ain't. I have three to try this week, and I hope to settle on one by Friday so things can move along. None shows happening for me in June, and I'll probably only end up going to a couple of Dressage shows this summer, but guess what? IT'S A GOAL. AND IT'S STILL VERY ACHIEVABLE. Also, I'll probably say screw it and be entirely non traditional in my F.O.A.L. coat.

Let's meet the candidates!

Roman
A completely new face to the blog. Never seen him before. Entirely unmentioned prior to this post . . . okay, I'm done. This actually came as a shocker, but Miss El offered baby horse to me. Goes without saying that his Dressage is fantastic. He's only jumped a handful of times, but he's as quiet to fences as he is on the flat. I'm curious to see how he'd do in hunter classes if that ever happens for us. I have two reservations, the first being my weak right side. I gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of tone this past semester, but now I am back on a daily fitness schedule, and I've been experimenting with strengthening my right side and overall trying to balance myself out. From the ground, my attempts seem pretty successful, and I'll do a write up after I get back on a horse and see if anything has changed. My second reservation is that he's for sale, which is both tempting and anxiety inducing. Either someone buys him before the summer is up . . . or I can go into debt and buy him myself.

I honestly can't get over his trot
Hanz
An actually new face here. He's a cute bay gelding that has been in a local lesson program for a bit, but his owner and the woman teaching lessons want him to be excelling with an individual rider. Well, don't mind if I do. I've been told he needs confidence going to 2'6"-3'0" fences, which quickly sparked some reservations, but he's still been doing that height regularly. I know myself; there will 100% be another mental block to jump before I'm able to confidently ride 2'6" courses. I'm completely fine with playing it safe and sticking to lower courses at home to build my confidence because, in the long run, that'll be so much better for me (and probably Hanz). From the videos, he looks well trained and relaxed on the flat.

Vodka
It's a Paint mare, and that's all I know. My trainer actually texted me "You can try roman and vodka" and I honestly thought she was offering me a drink. I didn't ask for any more info because I'm kinda itching to ride a horse at the moment, and if she recommended it for me, then it def won't kill me. Plus mares. I like mares.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing