Yup, that time of year again. I still didn't qualify for regionals, but after seeing how last year went, I didn't even put it down as a goal. Eh, I might try senior year. I don't feel too pressured about it. Reaching (in vain) for my taco My parents and I made the 2.5 hour drive on Saturday morning. We actually arrived early, so I started helping bring horses in and unblanket them. Everything ran smoothly during set up. I was only schooling Leia, which went fine except her being super slow. Over the past year and a half, Leia has gone from being super strong and forward to fences to being a leg ride the whole time. We started with some trash distances but got it together for a good school. Unfortunately, so was just as slow and chippy with most of the people who rode her. Eh. Horses are kind annoying anyway. Looking for free tacos I spent a decent amount of time cuddling with Carlos in the morning before helping tack up Murry for the flat classes. I also finally...
Now that I have your attention, here are some ways that equestrians can actually respond to the racist nature of the sport and the United States. Reason I'm focusing on horse people specifically is because 1) the majority of people in my life who are staying silent on this issue are horse people and 2) there are suddenly so many brands saying that they're "listening" and "dedicated to making the industry more diverse". I'm glad Janet in marketing knows how to post a black square on Instagram. Next, let's try actually doing something. 1. Accept that your lack of action up until this point is appalling and damn near unforgivable. This post isn't meant to be a 10 step program in how not to be racist, but accountability needs to happen before anything else. I can count on my hands the number of times I've seen a non-White model in an equestrian catalog. It's four. That's how many times I've seen it. Brown skin did not just appear y...
Ya know, I expected to get this post out sooner because I expected these boots to be out of commission much sooner. They're still going. Valiantly. Seriously, these boots have genuinely surprised me. They're not perfect by any means, but they've been very reliable for the past several months. If you want my first impressions, they're at 1:50 in my September vlog from last year. Let's start from the beginning. I purchased these boots from Wish sometime in August and they came within a month. Obviously, the picture on the advertisement wasn't going to match the physical product. If you are unaware, Wish.com is basically Amazon without the nationwide warehouse employee strike. The products are cheaper to buy and even cheaper to make. Often times, the picture used to sell an item is taken from a more popular brand (Meshki, girl, I am so sorry). The product that you receive is usually a poor man's dupe of the original. Sometimes the product is still good...
Comments
Post a Comment