The pursuit of perfection

It's pointless. It's futile. Don't expect that out of yourself.

It ain't always pretty
With the lease official, Maximus and I had our second ride yesterday. It feels weird to be more or less on my own again. The lack of a impeding shows and a need to jump have certainly brought down the amount of pressure involved. It's just a matter of beating down my perfectionist personality, which is always easier said than done.

But sometimes it's good
Miss El has been overly patient with me on this (and heck shout out to Max's owner for putting up with my making this whole leasing process too complicated). We spoke a bit before I went back out, and she helped me set up a game plan. To be honest, I probably should have texted her yesterday to tell her how it went, but blog > logical actions that allow for my advancement.

Go for good
I started with some stretches for me because it was rather hot out, and I didn't want to work him too much. I, on the other hand, have become more or less accustomed to working in the heat mainly because I have to run much earlier in the afternoon now in order to avoid the bugs. Such fun. I did some hip stretches, and for the most part I didn't feel unbalanced during the ride. Left and right felt the same, and there were a lot of direction changes. Much of the ride was spent at the walk and trot. I attempted some canter to the left but we had too much forward and too much resistance out in the field, so I went into the ring. I got a civilized half lat plus a solid halt off of voice only. Thought it was a nice place to end and set us up for next time.


Comments

  1. I'm sure you two will settle into a rhythm in not one at all as you get to know each other!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing