Saturday, January 14, 2017

Finally made a New Year's Resolution

As I got older, I realized that I don't like the concept of New Year's Resolutions. If something in your life needs to change, just change it, fam. Time is a concept. New Year's isn't real. As much as I don't like it, I made a (low key) life choice recently, and since it's still January, I might as well peg it as a resolution.

the motto
Guys, I'm going to do more push-ups this year. I hated the PE tests in grade school because 1) sit-ups suck, 2) my asthma was so bad back then I could never go as far as I wanted on the pacer, and 3) I could do, at max, five push-ups. 1 & 2 have been resolved. Now it's time for 3.

The inspiration for this actually came from a workout set that I found on The Sun's Secret:
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • 20 squats
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • 20 push ups
  • 10 jumping jacks
  • 20 sit ups
Squats and sit ups are nothing to me (except I do crunches, fight me). Still, I can only do five regular push ups before putting my knees down, and even after that I'm still suffering. I did this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in conjunction with my regular ab set. I lost a lot of tone this semester. I want my definition back.

I want ominously large hamstrings again

3 comments:

  1. Ha excellent use of Amanda Bynes wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planks and wall sits are the death of me. I like doing push-ups (not so much right now because I haven't been to the gym in a while) but I learned from a trainer to start on an incline and work your way down to the floor. Surprisingly, maybe not surprisingly, they were still tough to do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...