Finally made a New Year's Resolution

As I got older, I realized that I don't like the concept of New Year's Resolutions. If something in your life needs to change, just change it, fam. Time is a concept. New Year's isn't real. As much as I don't like it, I made a (low key) life choice recently, and since it's still January, I might as well peg it as a resolution.

the motto
Guys, I'm going to do more push-ups this year. I hated the PE tests in grade school because 1) sit-ups suck, 2) my asthma was so bad back then I could never go as far as I wanted on the pacer, and 3) I could do, at max, five push-ups. 1 & 2 have been resolved. Now it's time for 3.

The inspiration for this actually came from a workout set that I found on The Sun's Secret:
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • 20 squats
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • 20 push ups
  • 10 jumping jacks
  • 20 sit ups
Squats and sit ups are nothing to me (except I do crunches, fight me). Still, I can only do five regular push ups before putting my knees down, and even after that I'm still suffering. I did this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in conjunction with my regular ab set. I lost a lot of tone this semester. I want my definition back.

I want ominously large hamstrings again

Comments

  1. Ha excellent use of Amanda Bynes wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planks and wall sits are the death of me. I like doing push-ups (not so much right now because I haven't been to the gym in a while) but I learned from a trainer to start on an incline and work your way down to the floor. Surprisingly, maybe not surprisingly, they were still tough to do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing