Typically, I tend to pick 12 goals for the year for the whole "12 goals in 12 months" thing. Some are significantly more probable than others, some I'm very loosely attached to, and some are highly dependent on how my situation changes over time. I've actually never minded mixing everything in because the years were typically less stressful than this past year. I always aimed to accomplish at least half of my list, and I did do that the last two years. This year . . . 2/12 accomplished, and that's being generous.
To partition my aspirations and also give some more leeway on certain goals, I've decided to divide my goals into categories.
Without A Doubt Goals
For goals/items that I seriously need to work on and improve and cannot let myself slack on
- Improve my equitation
- Continue to open hip joint and soften ankle
- Strengthen my right side & continue to improve balance
- Exercise 5 times per week
- Ride with Miss El at least once a week when I'm home (weather/finances permitting)
- Be more fluid with different tack (i.e. Dressage form vs. Hunter form)
|Concept: both at the same time|
For goals that currently require a little more planning, discussion, and thought
- Qualify for Colonial Classic
- Qualify for MAEF Finals
- Qualify for MHSA Regional Finals
- Go to Brandywine, HITS, or Upperville (only once though and preferrably Brandywine)
- Compete at First Level & begin working towards my bronze
- Go to Rolex
- Compete on Roman
|Maybe I'll get really lucky and do WEF|
- School at 3'0"
- Compete at 3'0"
- Compete in Ariat Adult Medal
- Qualify for Ariat Medal Final
- Start saving for a horse of my own