Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2k14: A Review

It's about that time of year when we start to turn over a new leaf but only after looking back over things one more time.

It was a big year. I did a lot, and I came a long way, and I learned a heck of a lot of things. The medal was probably the big ticket item. Some part of me wishes that I hadn't done it because the finals were terrible, but you can't change the past, and I'm excited to do it again next year.


I'm also glad that I was able to have lessons with Miss El, and I'm super glad that I have the new boarder to help me further that knowledge.

Ah, yes, stretchy stretchy
Not to mention, joining IEA is undoubtedly one of the best decisions that I have ever made. There has been such a huge change in my riding. It's unbelievable.


Now for the real review, the goals/bucketlist checkoff:

✔Achieve acceptable flat and over fences equitation
Yes, this was actually achieved, but only after slumping through the summer.

✔Get champion in one division
That reserve champion in Low Hunter counts

✔Jump a little bit higher (like, 3", that's all I ask)
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.


Get Baby more responsive to seat and leg
She's got the seat thing. We're still working on the leg thing.

✔Ride Molly confidently
I'm not terrified to trot her anymore, and I can actually stay on when I canter her. That's a big step forward.

Break the fashion meter
Eh, I was fairly conservative this year. I'm an eq rider. It's hard to be fun.

No falls (oh, this will be a challenge)
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, no.

✔Be more effective as a rider
I actually have a core now, and I can hold my two-point for more than half a lap.

Try free jumping
I'm going to do this eventually.

✔Do a medal class
Oh yes we did.

Conquer my fear . . . er, aversion to oxers
I still give them strange looks.

Kick booty
I kicked my own ass into gear. That counts for something.

What does next year have in store? Well, I have an ambassador application that is currently being considered, the second giveaway is happening in a month or two, I'm managing a show, I'm moving up in equitation, and I'm on a steady track to IEA regionals. Also, there will be blog hops. They are already drafted. Thanks for dealing with me for the past year. Here's to taking 2015 head on!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on checking so much off your list - sounds like 2014 was a banner year! glad you love IEA so much -- i wish i had known about it when i was in high school!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously wish that we had a team near me earlier. Now we have two more barns in the area with teams!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...