Good Times

After about two weeks of no riding, Baby and I got back to work yesterday. I had a good amount of work planned, but most of it didn't happen. She was going really well and working so hard. Why push it?


The main focus was cantering calmly over a pole, which was fine going to the right, but she kept dropping her shoulder on the left. It required some circles and copious amounts of inside leg. She's getting a lot better about moving off of my right leg (which is nice because those leg yields to the left are weak). Tomorrow will be the day to work on more leg yielding to get a more prompt transition plus more canter pole work. I'm hoping that I'll be able to start some haunches in, and, after we get the turn on the hind quarters in check, shoulder in will follow suit.


I've also decided to move on from eBay. They had policy changes that weren't chill, so an Etsy shop has opened and can be accessed from the ♣Shop♣ tab. I'm still adding items, and custom orders can still go to my email, TheAmbitiousEquestrian@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing