Swappy Swappy

Getting to ride three different horses is a great way to finish off the week, even if one of them (*cough* Vick *cough cough*) was far too hype.

I was put on LB again for the team lesson, and it was totally better than last time. I did about a lap of hip stretches which opened me up enough to be effective but not quite enough to lengthen my leg all the way. When we went to sit the trot, I was struggling, so I dropped my irons and tried it that way instead with moderate success (didn't sit trot for long). He cantered and jumped exceptionally well.


I swapped first onto Vick and then onto Lionel. Vick was forward, and I was handsy, so that didn't go down too well. On the flip side, Lionel was laid back and game for pretty much any fence (which led to him locking onto the wrong fence). He can be added to the list of horses that are far too big for me but still accept cues from my puny legs.

Comments

  1. I kinda miss lessons where we would all switch horses...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing