Don't try this at home

The majority of the team hasn't had a lesson in two weeks due to the weather. We can only ride on weekends because Miss J works late on the weekdays. I don't know whether to be worried or excited for the challenge. Perhaps I'll benefit from some independence, kind of like how I did during the summer. I do actually have a lesson on Thursday with Miss S, but it's on Molly, so it's likely going to be her trying to get me to do something productive and me imploding mentally.

basically
I have ridden a handful of times, as my posts show, and last night was basically approaching the final stretch (unless Cas wants to ride on Friday before we head out). What sucks is that, while I thought that I had adjusted my camera correctly to film continuously, I didn't, so I got 24 seconds of film this time. I've been putting a lot of work into my canter to try and loosen up my arms and quiet my upper body, and I was planning on sending the video to Miss J for critique. There goes that plan.

I actually felt a lot more secure and confident when I rode last night too. My main focus was pulling my shoulders back and keeping my upper body tall. I rode in my new Harry's Horse breeches, which had so much grip that, from the knee down, I was completely solid (I hate cheating, but that was really nice). Transitions were not very prompt, but they were relaxed, which is always a plus.

Gotta give the pyramid a base
Jigging reached the annoying point, and I tried my best to swallow my frustration and get her walking. It'll take a while.

Comments

  1. How frustrating that you haven't been able to ride and prepare as much as you'd like! Wishing you all the best of luck tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be getting in another ride tomorrow, hopefully, so my legs won't be too sore mid round.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing