Thoughtful Equestrian Blog Hop: What makes you, you?


In the spirit of actually having interesting content, here's a blog hop brought to us by Catie of Thoughtful Equestrian.

What makes someone at the barn (or your trainer) think of you immediately?

Frankly, Catie, I think we're quite similar. I, too, wear things that make my trainer want to kick me out of the ring. The difference: a good 90% of the time, it is completely unintentional. I'm just that ghastly looking when I show up to the barn.

C O M P L E T E L Y    U I N T E N T I O N A L
I'd say my Tiffany Blue breeches are my worst "offense," but I've received bug eyes for my purple pair, too, which I considered pretty conservative. That's mainly the reason why they didn't travel with me to school this year, but dag nabbit, I will be a grape if I want to.

Just call me Gilbert
My second unique aspect: photography. Yah, I jumped right on the bangwagon of equine photographers under 18 years old. I was pretty into it, but I never sold my photos or tried super hard to make a business out of it. It's more of an on the side thing at this point just to give other people media and fill the space between paragraphs. Every once in a while, I grace my trainer with quality shots to use on her Facebook page. A+ student status.

My third lesser known but occasionally acknowledged quality is sounds. I make a lot of sounds when I am around horses. Think of any sound you've ever heard. I have, at some point, recreated it around a horse. If I'm being honest, horses are generally unsettling to me, but instead of expressing myself through actions, words, or interpretive dance, I just make a sound expressing my displeasure. Miss El actually heard me once, and gave a weird look. In my defense, I am a fairly quiet and reserved person at the barn. Just let me be my weirdo self on occasion.

My trainer when I do literally anything

Comments

  1. haha pretty funny! I actually think your Tiffany blue breeches are quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just the inspiration I needed to wear them more often lol

      Delete
  2. I thought my dressage trainer would feel the same about the tiffany blue breeches but she actually loves them! Score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two thumbs up for trainers who know how to have fun 👍🙌

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing