Tuesday Snoozeday

Last Tuesday, Roro got his hind end adjusted, and a lot was messed with, so my trainer said to give him the day off. Of course, "day off" only means I don't work him. Doesn't mean I don't get to give him the kind of unnecessary attention that I, too, constantly crave.

Turn out is great, but my horse is so far away
I mentioned a couple posts ago that Roman is always a bit sticky when we first go to trot. He eventually warms up out of it, but it takes an effort and some coaxing to convince him that yes forward movement is good. Welp, trainer decided to see if the chiro had any input, and long story short, he got his butt cracked a lot. Too cracked to ride.


In any case, leasing gives me the right to mess with the lease horse whenever I feel like it . . . well, not whenever, but you get the point. I brought him in and gave him a good, deep brushing. Horse is very fond of deep scratches and sugar cubes.

Also the hose.


And my shirt collar, apparently.


Pro Tip: Don't go to the barn dressed business casual.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring