Welcome to my blog!

Allow me to formally welcome you to my blog. A little bit about me, I am an avid equestrian living in the great United States. My goal is to become an Olympic show jumper, but I am quite a ways away from that right now. I am a member of the Chesapeake Pony Club, but I ride more often with another trainer. Horses have been my life since I was born, despite the fact that I started riding at 13 years old. I have always love those hairy, half-ton poop machines, and being able to work with and ride them is very rewarding.

At my main barn, I am smitten with a dun pony named Molly. She was an abuse case, and can be a bit untrusting at first, but is a doll once she warms up to you. She's got a bit of an attitude (Hancock blood), but it just adds to the many reasons why I love her. Molly has been green for quite a while now, and that is part of the reason why I don't ride her anymore. I am a nervous rider, and it didn't benefit either of us. I still long to ride and show her again some day, but that day is not today.

Showing with Molly
Molly
Molly in the pasture with Todd

At the moment, I am riding a pony named Duke. He is the perfect pony for a less confident rider, and I have learned so much on him. Over the past 6 months, he has helped me gain so much confidence and knowledge as a rider and horsewoman (er, girl?). He has taken me from just trotting cross bars to cantering full, 2'0" courses, and I appreciate his honesty and forgiveness very much.

At our last show
Jumping (bad equitation here)
Duke

I enjoy photography as well. I photograph for my main barn both at home and at shows. I will warn you, this blog will have lots of pictures! Here just a few of my other photos.



I hope you enjoy my blog. I will try to update weekly about my riding as well as including some random posts about horses, horseback riding, and horse care. Comments, constructive criticism, advice, and words of wisdom are always welcome. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing