Last Ride on the Mighty Mustang

After Saturday feeling rather trainwreckish, I decided that was not how I wanted to leave things and asked (begged) Miss El to find a spot for me yesterday. The dog days of summer haven't yet parted, and while it isn't an El Nino year, I don't think we'll need it to be in order to reach record temps in the fall. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

So that's how I started my Friday, with a cloudless morning at the barn. I got some shots of Max for his owner because I want to make something for her, but I don't know what kind of something. He was not cooperative, but most animals aren't ideal during photo shoots. If you ever want to turn your horse into a demon, take out a camera.

I straight up told Miss El that we had lost everything she worked so hard to create while also gaining a right drift (the appearance of which still boggles me). The lesson was focused like 99% on addressing the drift because, well, I wasn't going to get any good bending without a horse that moved laterally. He argued (very loudly at that), but he got it at the walk and almost got it at the trot. Good place to end.

Major credit to Miss El, though. She had both hands on him, giving the inside rein cue while trying to control the shoulder, all while I was still up there. Plus, she had a fresh manicure. Talk about dedication.

Comments

  1. Glad you found a positive way to finish! Seems like all things considered t was a great lease to have over the summer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing