Equestri-Fit Challenge Week 5

Gonna be honest, I *think* we're on Week 5 at this point, but I haven't had to do math in a while, so no guarantees here. I've been meaning to write posts all this week because I have been doing things, but my mood took a turn for the worse last Sunday, and I haven't had the motivation to do much of anything. I ended up not even riding on Friday because riding green horses when you're an emotional wreck is definitely not a good idea.

Yeaahhh not easy when your serotonin abandons you
Despite how this week turned out, it actually started out pretty good with the 8:45 mile. My pace has stayed generally around 9:00/mile, sometimes getting too close to 10:00. Most of the fluctuations come with the weather; when it's hotter, I run slower because I'm dying. Simple correlation.

Riding 5x a week has definitely put a strain on how long I can make my workouts, but the elimination of intense abs with every workout has opened up the schedule quite a bit. Things would probably be a bit easier if I didn't start every workout with a 30 minute run, but I'm not getting rid of that part. I love cardio. She is my wife.

This is complex for me because I love the squat rack as much as I love cardio
I had one pretty intense leg day this week, and next time I do legs, I'm adding in weights. 20 reps of squats is just a tad too easy right now.

I can also do 10 pushups in a row! Without wanting to quit! It's amazing!

source
Diet wise, I'm still pretty lost. I am very resistant to the idea of giving up carbs. I'm surviving right now on fruity toast, pasta, and overnight oats. I tell myself that since I run so much, I need the carbs, and I definitely do, but maybe not as much as I consume. That being said, I try to get protein with every meal, even if that means just popping some peanut butter on my toast instead of cream cheese. I definitely need more vegetables, and I've been tackling some of my toast cravings with salads instead. I bought a huge box of arugula, and by God I will finish it before I get back to school.

Comments

  1. Wow!! Your workouts and riding are really coming together! But you DO NOT have to give up carbs! I personally would die lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carbs too much. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring