Q1 Goal Review

Now that we've hit April, it's time for The Accountability Hour.


Do more than the bare minimum to take care of my body
As you can guess by my insane list, my self care has improved dramatically since the quarantine. I'm eating more and more often, and I'm starting to work out about every other day. It's pretty sweet! Still a ways to go, but not bad for the time being. I really want to start putting on muscle again, mainly in my arms, back, quads, and hamstrings.

Improve body control
Not gonna lie, I'm not sure what I was referring to when I put this goal down, but I think it has to do with my physical strength. Working out helps, as does riding regularly. My position during transitions has always been a weak spot. Downwards are feeling great at the moment, but the up transition, especially into the canter, can use some more attention.

Practice working through fear, stress, and anxiety
I can jump like a real girl now! Again, another area that could be doing better but isn't bad at all. I think taking lessons with Trainer G will continue to help since it forces me to change my mindset a bit.

Take lessons
I've taken one, and I'm set now to take one per month with Trainer G. What prompted me to add this goal was that I found quite a few barns that have deals on Groupon. We'll see how those other places pan out, but for now, I am on a schedule and have homework to focus on in between.


Show in hunters
I haven't mentioned any interest to Trainer G yet, but she seems keen on getting me ready for this. The only limitation is that if Lucie sells, then I won't have a solid o/f horse.

Show in equitation
Same as above pretty much, but Trainer G says my position is pretty solid and not an area of concern right now. The bigger issue my adjustability, which I'm working on very hard moving forward.

Take Dressage lesson(s)
I really want to, but I'm struggling to find a place that has their own horses and won't charge me an arm, leg, and liver. We'll see about this one.

Photograph professionally at a horse show
Considering the current events, this will definitely have to be postponed. I'm also looking at clinics as well.


Show in Dressage
Oof, we'll see.

Submit an article to an online equine publication
Considering current events, this might happen! I'm currently trying to get a two part interview to post on here, and hopefully that'll be enough leverage to get a piece submitted. Definitely taking recommendations for publications that have open submissions.

Upgrade all of my personal riding equipment
Uhhhh, well, I do need daily boots to protect Lucie's legs, but I've been super picky about what I want to get. I've been looking at something, but we'll see.

Try barrel racing
Maybe.

Comments

  1. Reach out to Lauren (She moved to texas) - she still works for The Plaid Horse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring