Let the sky fall

Or at least let the rain fall from the sky, as if one could stop it. It's been precipitating since yesterday afternoon, started as snow and then proceeded to melt as the temperature rose. The white stuff on the ground also started as snow, but now that the temperature has risen, it turned into mush . . . well, a top layer of mush and a bottom layer of ice. Fantastic.

Actual footage of me as a bear
I also made a mistake when I went to get more charm materials yesterday. I'm adding letter charms to the collection, but I wasn't paying attention when I put the packs in my basket. The pack of silver letter charms are the Greek alphabet, from alpha to omega. So if you're a math geek, I've got you covered. I'm considering keeping a theta charm as a reminder that I made it through calculus.


I was planning on riding today too, but the indoor flooded. Miss S is worried that one of the sprinkler pipes might have burst. Just another expense in the most expensive season of the most expensive sport. Since there was nothing else to do, I cleaned my old saddle and stored it properly so that it'll look halfway decent at the tack swap next weekend. I also cleaned Fifi's saddle that she loaned to me for this season. It too has been sitting stagnant for a while, so it'll get a couple of regular cleanings to keep the dust out and the leather soft.

Needless to say, there was no IEA this weekend either, which is nice because I appreciate a break from the Corbinator and his antics. Regionals is just kind of looming in the near distance, though. Eh, I'll burn that bridge when I get there.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing