Review of 4/17/16 to 4/23/16

Since I've nothing else to post on this fine Monday, here's last week's review.


So, first half of the week. I can't even tell you when I worked out, but there's one somewhere in there, maybe two if I had the motivation. School wise, last week was another death week. Everyday, I wonder if a college education is even worth it (it is, trust me). I do have my recap from riding Gigi, and it's pretty much the same old, same old. Lateral balance continues to go places. Whenever I don't do the hip stretches, I can feel the difference between the directions. It's just become more slight. I'm still super pumped that I actually was able to rise the trot without feeling like I was flying all over the place, and being able to canter Gigi was awesome!


Fast forward to Friday and my attempts to get kinda Dressagey with Pixel. I did ask for more impulsion at the walk and trot because his walk to trot and trot to canter transitions aren't as clean as I'd like them to be. Since I'm not the only one riding him, I can't be sure how consistently he's being asked for a nice, marching walk. I might carry a stick with him just so I can be more clear, but as of now he is responding. It's just a matter of maintaining. My no. 2 goal with him is to stay on.

Overall goals are to continue to work on the balance thing and also to fix my jumping position because wow this is atrocious.

what the heq?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing