What is inside leg?

Gus doesn't know. Well, he does know, but only at the walk, and kind of at the trot after you really dig your heel into his side. I (finally) took my first actual lesson with the Eventing team. I was on a large, opinionated pony named Gus, and I spent most of the ride trying to make it look like I wasn't an up/downer. My attempts were futile; I couldn't really get Gus to work all that much. Despite doing my hip stretches, I wasn't as balanced as I needed to be, and I could not keep it together going to the left. Once you add in the fact that Gus falls in horribly, it didn't make for a pretty picture. Needless to say, we didn't mesh, but I'll probably be on him again next week.

The flatwork was approaching useless, but I did make him work at times, so he gained some fitness. We did the Y-jumping exercise below.

image from Horse Channel
And pony ran out quite a few times. It was kinda all over the place because I was overdoing it for the height of the fences (I think they were 2'-2'3"ish). It was all just a bit frustrating, and I wasn't very happy when I left the ring. But, I'm going back next Monday for flatwork week.

Also, this happened on Monday, and I am horribly behind on posts, and I promise that I will be better.

I'm behind o/f, too

Comments

  1. I know inside leg, but can you solve the mystery of my outside leg :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outside leg is a myth and a legend, only ever spoken about by the old time masters.

      Delete
  2. Ha I'm right there with Gus on inside leg, esp when it's my left...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to think that my left leg was the stronger on since there is no collapse on that side. He's put my left leg to shame.

      Delete
  3. I'm like L -- my outside leg SUCKS. So hard!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing