J'adore les chevaux

So I have mildly interesting news. First of all, I am 99.9% done with my first year of college. Finals = death, though, which is why there was no Fashion Thursday post last week. I have one more final to take, but it's online and isn't due until tomorrow. That means that, since I have nothing left to do on campus, I moved out on Friday, and I am now home for the summer. My first focus will be on getting my license. I'm fortunate enough to already have a job lined up, plus I still blog horsey things with Intrepid. Once I become a legal driver, I'm aiming to ride 5-6 times a week depending on what I'm able to ride. My summer plans are set!

Booty needs #werk
Now, on the side of all that, I'm also trying to learn French and German. The German is actually because I might transfer schools in the event of President Trump (though I also found an AWESOME, 4 semester Master's program that I might do anyway). French is being more or less relearned. I did my three years in highschool, but I didn't retain all that much. Basically, I can count from 1 to 99, mostly. I've already started on Duolingo, and as of now, I am 8% fluent. Oui oui.

image from quickmeme
Miraculously, around the same time I started the relearning process, a couple of tumblr bloggers came up with the idea to start a group for equestrians trying to learn different languages (thank you, Dmitri!). It's already been super useful in learning horse stuff.



Mel made these awesome diagrams, too with eye catching filters and appropriate color schemes. When I get back to riding, I'm going to impress my trainer with random French about Dressage. What else could a trainer want?

Comments

  1. Very cool! I hope you have an awesome summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Congratulations with finishing your first year~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing