"Each and every one of us could pave a yellow brick road of success for ourselves. It's just about laying that first brick."
-Schmidt
Fashion Thursday: Check Mate
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
1. makeitmint Cable Knit Pullover amazon.com 2. Zanzea Check Plaid Button Down amazon.com 3. Le Frame Belt no longer available 4. Horseware Polo Nina Knee Patch Breech
Yup, that time of year again. I still didn't qualify for regionals, but after seeing how last year went, I didn't even put it down as a goal. Eh, I might try senior year. I don't feel too pressured about it. Reaching (in vain) for my taco My parents and I made the 2.5 hour drive on Saturday morning. We actually arrived early, so I started helping bring horses in and unblanket them. Everything ran smoothly during set up. I was only schooling Leia, which went fine except her being super slow. Over the past year and a half, Leia has gone from being super strong and forward to fences to being a leg ride the whole time. We started with some trash distances but got it together for a good school. Unfortunately, so was just as slow and chippy with most of the people who rode her. Eh. Horses are kind annoying anyway. Looking for free tacos I spent a decent amount of time cuddling with Carlos in the morning before helping tack up Murry for the flat classes. I also finally...
Now that I have your attention, here are some ways that equestrians can actually respond to the racist nature of the sport and the United States. Reason I'm focusing on horse people specifically is because 1) the majority of people in my life who are staying silent on this issue are horse people and 2) there are suddenly so many brands saying that they're "listening" and "dedicated to making the industry more diverse". I'm glad Janet in marketing knows how to post a black square on Instagram. Next, let's try actually doing something. 1. Accept that your lack of action up until this point is appalling and damn near unforgivable. This post isn't meant to be a 10 step program in how not to be racist, but accountability needs to happen before anything else. I can count on my hands the number of times I've seen a non-White model in an equestrian catalog. It's four. That's how many times I've seen it. Brown skin did not just appear y...
I'm in an odd spot, honestly. The search for a lease horse has officially begun. Technically, it officially began like two weeks ago when I sent the first text, which I didn't receive a response to. I sent a Facebook message also, which went unacknowledged as well. Miss Jan was actually the first person to respond. I can always trust Jan. She's basically keeping an ear open for me at the moment. Go, Jan In case you didn't know, 3'0" horses are basically magical unicorns on the American market. That 6" difference between "local show" horse and "can clear the fences at a non local show but that's about it" horse is the best way to double a price. In less sarcastic terms, the type of horse I'm looking for is just a bit too talented for bopping around in the C ring. This is reflected in a lack of monthly leases and the phrase "contact for pricing". Where is my "from lowest to highest price" option? ...
Love it! Except for the belt - I can never get behind that color haha.
ReplyDeleteI do my best to embrace the full range of brown belts, even if I only buy dark ones lol
Delete