(Mis)Adventures in Leasing: Part 1 - Guts

At that point last summer somewhere between losing Music and right before I tried out Max, I decided that I knew exactly what I wanted to do this summer: I wanted to lease.

I was also being delusional.

Remember this? Still applies.
Leasing in itself wouldn't have been too much of a financial strain, but I'd decided that anything I picked out would be living at my trainer's farm, and I also wanted to lesson twice a week, and I also wanted to show every other week in both equitation and Dressage. A bit much for someone who only has a steady income for three months out of the year.

Then of course, there was my list of criteria: jumps 3'0", schools First Level, at least some show experience, over 15hh, preferably a mare, sound, beginner friendly (y'all, I was pushing it), and an owner willing to do an off site lease for $250 or less. Believe it or not, there were plenty of horses that hit most of the bullet points.

All were passed on because of finances. The only check I got was a reality check.

I found this on The Odyssey Online, and it's HILARIOUS

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

The Regionals Swing