Clean(ish)

I'm glad I rode yesterday because today was horrid. The humidity sky rocketed after a light rain last night. By 9:30am, it was uncomfortably warm, but there were things to do, and they did get done. Car and the new boarder were riding today, too, and they tried to avoid the heat by riding early. Unfortunately, Charming was in the small outdoor, so they had to ride indoors. Just thinking about being in the indoor on such a hot day makes me uncomfortable.

I got the pasture done, despite wanting to fall over the entire time (probably had something to do with the fact that I skipped breakfast, but whatever), and Baby was happy to be bathed at the hottest point of the day. I didn't even bother with the whitening shampoo, just a simple bath, paying special attention to her legs, which are long overdue for a clip job. She's also not completely shed out, mostly, but not completely, so that was a bit frustrating.

Oh so clean
All in all, she's whiter than when I started.

In other news, I've been trying to think of different ways to raise funds for MAEF. Cas and I are planning on going, and so is Izzy, but I don't know if she just wants to tag along with us so we can be one big group. It just depends on how many people want to go. I've been meaning to talk to them, but life gets in the way. I also think I'll be able to show at 3' sooner than I originally planned, which will give me even more chances to qualify. I've got a little under a month until my first show, and, since Baby has been doing well, I'm going to try some more difficult fences (i.e. the coop) during my next ride. Everything I do is 2' and under. It's just a matter of keeping her calm and confident, and of course keeping myself calm and confident, but I'm about as calm as a squirrel on a sugar high.

Comments

  1. my mare is still shedding too... ick. also, lol @ the 'squirrel on a sugar high.'

    exciting that you're showing so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling pretty good about this season minus the times where I channel my inner squirrel

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring