Turn on the A/C

I have a full show recap ahead with a handful of pictures too. I woke up late on Sunday, and I forgot to dry my show pants, but Annie's came to the rescue. They had a flash sale on their show pants a couple weeks ago, and I went for it, and I have to say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I will gladly show with little silicone horse heads on my knee patches. Fun Fact: Miss S was picking me up that morning, and she also woke up late. Horse people, everyone.

Of course Saturday and Sunday were polar opposites. The barn owners and staff were frantically trying to clear the water from the outdoor ring and move the dirt around to fill spots in. The effort started on Saturday evening and didn't finish until right before the 9am ring start. Even with their work, the lower spots still had puddles that needed to be maneuvered around; there just wasn't enough sun in the morning to dry the whole thing out.


Needless to say, we had a couple water jumps.

We didn't have a whole lot of schooling time on Sunday, so my muscles weren't exactly warmed up, just sweating awkwardly from the heat. Since we still didn't get a chance to school in the actual ring, Miss S had me do another open card. We had two stops.

It was chip mania
I went off course in my first course for eq, but the course I did ended up being the second course. Score. I'm ahead of the game.

Her speed was inconsistent, so pretty much everything was a chip. So much for getting the five . . . Anyway, the hack was fine, but I didn't have enough forward motion at the canter (but I do try to keep her slow and together because it's difficult for me to sit her stride when she picks up the pace because she hollows out and I haven't figured out how to get that hind end working consistently yet). Thankfully, she picked up that God forsaken left lead when I asked. We came out with two fourths.


She wasn't going to the bit at all on Saturday or Sunday. There was lots of gaping and curling, so this week will be all sidepull until I figure out how to fix this. I have a couple of different bits that I can try, and I want to have Miss S check her mouth for ulcers or sharp points (because I do not know what I am doing in that department). It's just weird. We'll see what the outcome is.

One of many gaping photos
Also, Fifi and I paid a mutual friend a surprise visit yesterday. She ended up not being home, but her parents were there. She has two horses, and her parents want the younger of the two to get to work doing something, so I lunged him yesterday just for kicks.


We were good till I asked him to canter and got a handful of mad bucks that caused me to drop the rope. We tried again, he got it. He's one of Miss S's old horses, so I'm aware of his education. He just needs some manners.

Correct lead tho

Comments

  1. Love that past pic over the brick wall- baby is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pace is really difficult to master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it's an essential element as well. We equestrians can never have it easy :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring