Product Review: TuffRider Pull-On Knee Patch Breeches

This isn't one of my normal product reviews, but I've noticed something about myself since the start of quarantine. For a couple weeks, I was the only one in my office, which meant that I could wear basically whatever I wanted. Obviously I wore my breeches and a simple top because I would ride directly after work. Did I look like a bum? Yah. Did any clients see me? Also yes, but no one told me that we were starting to allow clients in the office again. I am a good egg. Very professional.

This outfit was such a LOOK

It didn't take long for me to notice that I was really favoring my pull-on TuffRider breeches for both work and riding. I've had these bad boys for years. Seriously, they were purchased for a clinic in 2014 when I was at least one size smaller. And guess what? They still fit! Mainly because they're like 99% spandex, but I ain't complaining.

Really, I'm only writing this because I've had these pants for six years and with the exception of one broken belt loop, they look great and make me look great. They are the cheapest pair of breeches that I've ever owned, but they're the most durable pair in my bunch.

This was a great look, too! Note that the belt loops are on the slimmer side.

And omfg, they're so comfy! I never noticed how comfy they were before! Quarantine has fully opened my third eye to the underdog of my wardrobe. Since I purchased these in gray, they're easy to match with anything. Sometimes, I dress them up. I repeat, sometimes. For the most part, I pair them with a simple T-shirt and some funky socks, and capeesh! Outfit complete.

To be honest, quarantine has made me step back a bit and appreciate the simpler aspects of life. I'm watering my plants more, I'm cooking and eating a ton of Fruity Pebbles, and I'm wearing budget breeches because all these things just make me feel good. Breeches doesn't produce this specific pair anymore, and there are very few pairs left. There is a similar pair in stock, and it's the same pair that I purchased for my first (and only) Dressage show, just I bought the full seat version. Same level of comfy.

Breeches is also having an Independence Day sale, and while that date is somewhat meaningless for my people, we all like saving money. Code "INDEPENDENCE" gets you 30% off your order. Have at it.

Moo loved these breeches too!

Comments

  1. mmmm fruity pebbles..... lol. for real tho, i generally avoid pull on breeches like the plague bc they do not do me ANY favors, omg. but ya gotta hand it to any pair of breeches that still looks great after years of service

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh when I bought them, I totally missed the pull-on part. They do still have a fake fly, so I shrugged it off. It's a miracle they look as good as they do. Either Tuff Rider knows what they're doing or it's witchcraft.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing