I'm hurting

As per the suggestion of many, the eq team started a workout group to get us all more fit for riding. Thursday was our first workout, and, two days later, I am still in quite a bit of pain. We only ride once a week, so it's nice to supplement the lost time with something. Plus, I want my arms back. Not working on a farm has left me desperately out of condition.

And I really do mean desperately. I haven't done a legit workout in nearly a decade. In my defense, I have exercise induced asthma, but 10 years with maybe two runs for fitness is kind of not good.

Post work-out, Pre dinner
Full workout schedule:

    - 1 mile jog
    - 20 lunges, 20 side lunges, some heel lift thing, 20 squats, 20 jumps squats
    - 50 crunches, 50 bicycle crunches, 20 partner crunches, 50 crunches again, 50 bicycle crunches
    again
    - Alternating bicep curls, tricep stretch, and bench (10lbs + bar)
    - 15 squats with bar, 5 half dead lifts

Yeah, physically not there anymore, plus I did a 15min jog yesterday morning. Bless Brit for being encouraging otherwise I would've quit so early on. And, yes, I still had my lesson yesterday, but that was another painful experience.

Comments

  1. That's awesome! Supplemental fitness training is absolutely invaluable to equestrian pursuits :) If you ever wanna talk fitness I'd be happy to chat :) My husband is a personal trainer so I can pick his brain for info to help (thumbs up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you thank you! Brit used to be a personal trainer just as a summer job, and she's been super encouraging and positive with me.

      Delete
  2. It gets better! I love working out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gonna disagree . . . . but it did get better (well, easier), which means I'll probably have to up my work out soon, but meh.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring

The Regionals Swing